The primary task of accountants is to prepare and examine financial records. They make sure that records are accurate and that taxes are paid properly and on time.
Management accountants, or controllers, often start as cost accountants, or junior internal auditors.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required and often must be a certified CPA as well.
- Average Annual Salary: $62,130
- Average Hourly Rate: $30/hour
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy
- Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, ensure prompt payment
- Organize and maintain financial records
- Improve business efficiency where money is concerned
- Make best-practice recommendations to management
This job is right for you if...
- You like working with numbers
- You enjoy finding ways to be more monetarily efficient
- You have an eye for details