A consulting forester is a trained professional forester that operates or works for a private business. The consultant charges a fee for time and expenses of for services rendered.
Consultants provide a wide range or services for corporate landowners, public landowners and non-industrial private landowners. Some may also work for potential landowners, investors, insurance companies, appraisers and others.
Bachelor's degree in Forestry from an accredited University is required.
- Average Annual Salary: $42,749
- Average Hourly Rate: $21/hour
- Assist clients with acquisitions and sales of forestlands
- Appraise land for land value, timber value, and damage
- Assist clients with litigation and provide expert testimony
- Assist clients with forest inventory and cruising
- Provide timber tax counseling
This job is right for you if...
- You enjoy working on you own
- You want to work outdoors
- You love helping others solve problems and provide excellent customer service