A forestry worker is employed to assist other forest workers in safely accomplishing specific forest management tasks. You may perform a variety of assignments such as working on a crew engaged in forestry, logging or road building. You may also work with forestry technicians, heavy equipment operators and professional foresters.
As a forestry worker, you will work on a crew to provide disaster response and relief services for incidents, such as wildfires, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes or search and recovery. The job is usually project-based and may be seasonal.
- Average Annual Salary: $31,458
- Average Hourly Rate: $15/hour
- Perform a variety of tasks to reforest and protect timber tracts and maintain forests
- Paint or re-paint boundary lines
- Communicate effectively with other crew members
- Maintain all safety requirements of the job
This job is right for you if...
- You are physically fit and healthy
- You enjoy working with your hands, and don’t mind getting them dirty
- You love working outdoors