Industrial electricians install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. In the forest products industry, they play a variety of roles but are typically found working in mills and other industrial settings like pellet plants and planer facilities.
Industrial electricians troubleshoot and diagnose electrical failures in manufacturing processes. To be good at troubleshooting means you need a broad understanding of electrical systems so you can isolate and repair faults and failures. A day in the life of an industrial electrician might involve repairing a critical electrical fault fast enough to prevent an entire mill operation from shutting down.
Electrical Repairer, Mill Electrician
An apprenticeship and/or trade school experience required.
- Average Annual Salary: $43,601
- Average Hourly Rate: $21/hour
- Interpret drawing, blueprints, and electrical code specifications
- Install, examine, replace and repair electrical wiring
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems
This job is right for you if...
- Safety is always on your mind
- You want to work with cutting-edge energy efficient systems
- You like solving problems