Log truck drivers operate heavy trucks to transport logs and other wood products over the road. They can work directly for forest products companies, or they may be self-employed.
Heavy Truck Driver
There are no formal educational requirements, but drivers must maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with all required endorsements. Driver training courses are available at many community colleges.
- Average Annual Salary: $34,208
- Average Hourly Rate: $16/hour
- Ensure cargo is properly secured
- Maintain log books
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of equipment and accessories
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
This job is right for you if...
- You enjoy a change of scenery every day
- You like the open road
- You enjoy working on your own and you are a self-starter
- You like big machines