Logging workers do a variety of tasks while harvesting timber. Some of these include sawing, operating machines, separating logs by species, grading logs and loading logs onto waiting trucks.
Usually a high school diploma or equivalent is required. On-the-job training will usually be provided.
- Average Annual Salary: $33,086
- Average Hourly Rate: $16/hour
- Perform all work safely
- Maintain proper saws, tools and accessories in good repair before starting assignments
- Report all saw accidents and near misses
- Maintain sawyer training and certifications
- Know and be certified in first aid and CPR
This job is right for you if...
- You are physically fit and healthy
- You are a team player and communicate effectively
- You want to work outdoors
- You have prior experience with a chainsaw