Procurement foresters are responsible for the oversight and management of the purchase of timber and safe execution of the contracts that conduct harvesting and transporting. The procurement forester directs contract bids and negotiations, harvesting and transportation methods, operations and all related personnel.
Timber Procurement Managers, Wood Supplier Forester
Bachelor's degree in Forestry from an accredited University is required.
- Average Annual Salary: $60,413
- Average Hourly Rate: $29/hour
- Oversee the purchase or sale of timber
- Participate in timber auctions
- Measure and appraise timber values
- Determine the value of contract bids for harvesting and transportation
- Monitor project quality and compliance with contract terms and relevant regulations
- Ensure that projects are completed within budgetary and timeline restrictions
This job is right for you if...
- You enjoy working outside
- You like project management
- You have an eye for details