There are many jobs in the forest products industry in the forestry professionals category. Forestry professionals guide decisions and policies relating to forest land management. These roles are considered professional because they require specific educational qualifications combined with operational experience.
As a forestry professional, you may find yourself working with a wide range of people — landowners, purchasers, managers, technicians, contractors and other professionals — to manage the forest in an environmentally and economically sustainable way.
Registered Forester, Forest Engineer
Bachelor's degree in Forestry from an accredited University is required.
- Average Annual Salary: $60,413
- Average Hourly Rate: $29/hour
- Plan and direct forest surveys and related studies
- Establish short and long term forest management plans
- Ensure adherence to government regulations and company objectives
This job is right for you if...
- You enjoy a change of scenery daily
- You are a team player and communicate effectively
- You want to be in a management position, without having to sit behind a desk
- You like the idea of the woods being your office