To be successful in sales in the forest products industry, you must be driven, disciplined and focused. You will be expected to plan daily sales activities and to seek out sales through cold calls, door-to-door contact, networking and marketing efforts. As a sales representative, you will also be expected to have a solid understanding of the forest products industry and the innovative products it produces.
Working as a sales rep opens up the opportunity to move up to supervisory, managerial or even executive positions.
Salesperson, Wholesale Trade Representative, Broker, Dealer
A bachelor's degree in marketing may be required.
- Average Annual Salary: $52,173
- Average Hourly Rate: $25/hour
- Maintain consistent contact with customers
- Promote company products
- Set sales goals and plan daily activities
- Resolve customer problems and recommend solutions based on expertise
This job is right for you if...
- You like people
- You are confident in your ability to sell
- You are a good communicator and know how to network
- You are a self-starter