A scalehouse operator is responsible for operating weigh scales, scale computer and software data programs, data entry and record keeping. An operator also screens and records incoming loads at the scale house and directs vehicles entering and leaving the facility.
Usually a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Average Annual Salary: $43,601
- Average Hourly Rate: $21/hour
- Ensure that trucks are properly positioned on scales for accurate weights
- Inspect loads and query drivers as required
- Operate computer to process proper charges to be assigned for each load
- Accurately perform routine data entry into a computer
- Perform and assist in clerical and other duties as directed
This job is right for you if...
- You and others see yourself as a leader
- You are a team player
- You enjoy working with data
- You enjoy communicating with people and are excellent at customer service